This professionally executed, rare sign measures 29 inches long x 9 inches wide and is in good condition. Areas of light paint loss as seen in the photos and a few minor crimps in the metal, most noted by the corners, are commensurate with age.
An internet search revealed that the club was established over 100 years ago in 1909, although this sign appears to be from the 1940s. A neat find!
Interesting and extremely eye-catching graphics on both box and tins! Displays just wonderfully!
The cardboard box has some expected wear as seen in photos with small rips and abrasions, but it retains its structural integrity- still able to support the weight of twelve metal polish tins! The majority of the tins are in very, very nice condition as well with expected, slight superficial scratches here and there. Three of the twelve tins have a bit more surface wear to their lids than the others and are pictured as a trio for the buyer’s perusal---still very appealing.
A very difficult to find vintage country store display piece!
This neat sign measures 14 inches high by 11.5 inches wide, and the frame is approximately 16.5 x 12.5 inches.
The condition of the sign is good, noting clear, crisp lettering with light foxing, mild edge wear and a few tiny blemishes commensurate with age. The older (circa 1920s) frame sports an old, light green, crackled and worn painted surface and pairs well with the barber's sign.
Found in Georgia outside of Savannah, this sign likely was the creation of a small town barber or his associate since it was less expensive to hand-craft a sign like this rather than to formerly commission the creation of one. Prices for a haircut ranged from 50 cents to $1.00 from the mid 1940's to the mid 1950s.
Ready to hang.
The set appears to have never been used! All blocks are present and are in wonderful condition! The paper label attached to the sliding, wood cover is intact with very minor, age-appropriate edge wear and scuffing. What a fabulous, graphic image that would certainly command presence when displayed on a shelf! The integrity of the all-wooden box remains strong and sturdy.
Sets such as these could be found in the more affluent home as well as in early elementary level classrooms, as such toys or learning manipulatives, promoted the development of eye-hand coordination and visual-spatial reasoning skills.
The smaller booklet with a graphic of a sweet faced girl with mixing bowl was published in 1925 by Church and Dwight Company of New York, and advertises Arm and Hammer Baking Soda.
The second, larger booklet called "Cake Secrets" was published by Igleheart Brothers of Evansville, Indiana in 1922, and advertises Swans Down Cake Flour.
Photos provide a good representation of each booklet. An interesting pair!
In addition to making children's games, The Milton Bradley Company, for many, many years, produced an extensive array of school supplies, equipment, and materials!
A wonderful addition to School or Artist Memorabilia collection!
Although two boxes are pictured in the photo, sale is for ONE BOX ONLY.
Featuring a double heart motif, the advertising slogan spouts, "When Two Hearts Beat As One, It's Time To Buy Your Furniture From "Old Reliable" Petersburg Furniture Company, "Petersburg's Oldest Furniture Store!
Neat mid-20th-century advertising piece in very fine original condition!
Condition is wonderful- no rips or creases. The full view photo appears faded or lighter on the right hand side, but this is camera flash glare only- tones/coloration are uniform throughout as seen in close-up photo.
A delightful and early schoolhouse collectible!
This advertising gem was once used at the Island Pharmacy, City Island, New York, and was acquired directly from the family.
This display box measures 11"H x 9.25"W x 4.25"D, is in very good condition and sports the "WESTERN UNION TELEGRAPH" cardboard label on its front. Both the display box and label exhibit age appropriate wear as noted: a few, small, top edge chips to the wood, some staining to the label as seen in photos, and the "N" in the word "BLANKS" is damaged.
This graphically appealing, vintage, advertising piece comes with a wide variety of very interesting and historic associated ephemera that serves to define the vast scope of service that Western Union provided: a 1962 CIPHER (Encoding and Decoding Card) for use with money order messages, a guideline card defining the delivery of Military Casualty telegrams, a 1949 guide card defining the Priority Order of Messages, a Standard Abbreviations Guide card, 2 cards notating New York City and Albany addresses of the main Western Union Offices in the state of New York, numerous contracts spanning multiple decades confirming the continued authorization of the pharmacy as a Western Union provider, as well as 15 colorful and unused, telegraph and cable THANKSGIVING blanks and over 40 Christmas HOLIDAY GREETINGS blanks. Also included is a 1950's, 17 page, company history given to Western Union services providers entitled, The Story of Western Union.
The City Island Pharmacy contracted with Western Union as an agent for the delivery and acceptance of telegrams and cable services from 1939 through 1972!
What a delightful advertising piece with wonderful provenance, filled with historic Western Union ephemera!
Given away as a premium for opening a bank account, this still bank advertises the Mechanics Savings Bank of Hartford, Connecticut.
The bank is complete with the famous Liberty Bell crack down its front as well as this slogan etched around its top, "Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All The Inhabitants Thereof. LEV XXV 10".
Manufactured by the Bankers S & C System Company, Cleveland, Ohio, this bank bears a patent date of February 18, 1919, as inscribed on its base.
Made of metal and wood. The whereabouts of the original key is unknown but it is likely that any flat metal key of the period and appropriate size would open it.
A fine decorative piece for either the still bank collector or Revolutionary War buff!
An absolutely wonderful addition to one's School or Artist Memorabilia collection!
This diminutive tin case is painted black with gold accenting and gold lettering present on the front of the case. The black paint shows reasonable wear given its 130+ years of age with the majority of wear evident along seam lines and at the base. The gold painting on the front of the case remains quite nice with very small areas of unobtrusive paint loss present (please see all photos). This tin case was clearly well cared for over the years.
The case contains three, pull-out, tin drawers with tiny, circular, loop pulls at the ends, that when slid out, reveal 15 separate compartments designed to hold the corked, glass, sample bottles. Fourteen bottles remain present, all of which are original to the case. The bottles advertise the spices and perfume waters that the Loverin and Browne Company manufactured for wholesale purchase by various independent groceries. The base of each bottle sits on a spring which would have facilitated secure storage during travel.
An interesting addition to one's advertisement collection! Very easy to display with great visual appeal!
Circa 1920-30’s, the chalk box features a sliding wooden top and carries further advertising on one side printed in matching cobalt blue print. Box measures 6.5 inches x 4.5 inches x 3.75 inches and is constructed of machine cut hinges. In pristine condition and an increasingly difficult collectible to find!
To add to its charm, the pencil box cover bears a sweet early stencil of Snow White + the Seven Dwarfs! The scene depicts 5 of the dwarfs as well as Prince Charming, sadly escorting Snow White who is lying in her clear glass coffin, having already bitten into the evil witch's poisonous apple and fallen into a deep sleep. Apparently, Prince Charming does not yet realize that all it will take to wake Snow White is a kiss on the lips from him!
The pencil box retains its original hinges and latch and remains in wonderful condition albeit for the signature of a former owner written in black ink in the interior "Susan Smith".
Measuring 13.25 inches wide x 9.25 inches high x 1 inch thick, this wonderful piece patented February 16, 1886, is in very fine condition with a warm, rich patina and color as well as all 56 of its original wooden letters! To spell a word, one slides the letters along cut out tracks in the board.
Quite visually appealing!
Condition: three of the 1/8th inch thick, round, wooden letters suffered partial breakage at one point in time, but these letters continue to remain quite structurally sound and "readable". Some tiny edge chips to the wood- quite reasonable given its age.
A seldom found vintage, early School House item!