Offered is a wonderful grouping of 16 Vintage, 1940-1960s, Black Americana Hair Pomade tins, Face Powder and as well as a bonus Benne Wafer Cookie Tin. This grouping is being sold on consignment, and is priced to sell!
1) A VERY RARE Item !!!= WWII Production (1941-1945), Big Bertha Hair Dressing, boxed, Victory Packaging: Printed on the base of the box, "By Using This ALL Paper Container We Are SAVING approximately 125 TONS of Metal Each Year to HELP WIN THE WAR". Prior to WWII, this pomade was offered in tins. Distributed by Dolly Dimple Laboratories, Atlanta, GA. Full of product. Never Opened. 9 out of 10 condition. Measures 2 5/8 inches high x 2 inches wide x 1 inch deep. Belongs in the Smithsonian's American History Museum in its WWII exhibit!
2) VERY SELDOM FOUND, C1940s, Hy-Beaute Slik-Down Pomade Hair Tin distributed by Hy-Beaute Chemical Co, Atlanta, GA. Measuring 2 7/8 inch diameter x 2 inches high. Empty. 9 out of 10 condition. Lovely!
3 & 4) Copyrighted in 1938, these two LUCKY BROWN Pressing Oil Tins are both in 9 out of 10 condition, and both are empty. These tins are highly decorative, colorful and display wonderfully. They measure approx 2 3/4 inches in diameter x approx 1 inch high. Distributed by Famous Products Co, Chicago, Illinois.
5) C1940s, Hi-Hat Jockey Club Face Powder Box, containing NUT BROWN Face Powder. Distributed by Hi-Hat Company, Memphis, Tennessee. Full, never opened. 9 out of 10 condition. Measures 2.5 inches square x 1/2 inch high.
6) C1940s, Improved QUEEN Hair Dressing tin, Very pretty little tin fair condition, contains product. Measures a diminutive 1.5 inches high x 1 3/4 inches wide x 3/4 inches deep.
7 -15) NINE, C1940, SAMPLE-SIZE tins measuring 1 1/8" diameter, distributed by Valmor Products Co, Chicago, ILL. Eight of the 9 tins are in excellent condition; one has slight scuffing on the back.
16) C1960's Benne Wafers Cookie Tin, distributed by Byrd Cookie Co, Savannah, GA. Very Good Condition. Measures 6 inches square x 2 inches high. Attractive cover graphic!