Glovers Veterinary Dog Condition Pills Tin
Directory: Vintage Arts: Instruments and Implements: Medical: Veterinary: Pre 1930: Item # 1124402
Please refer to our stock # M1078ABC when inquiring.
View Seller Profile
PO Box 1896
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
The green colored tins date to the 1910 - 1923 time period and measure about 3.25" long x 2 inches wide.
The tin with paint loss especially on the bottom is priced @ $70.00. .The better tin is $90.00
The covers and hinges work well. Made by "METAL PKGE CORP. BKLYN, NY".
****The brown colored tin is sold****
Some History: Henry Clay Glover started practicing veterinary medicine sometime prior to 1877. In 1888, his medicines were awarded the medal of superiority by the American Institute of New York. He identified himself as a “Specialist in Canine Diseases". As a personal testimonial, he stated that as of 1897, he had been the Veterinarian to the Westminster Kennel Club for 20 years.
The first known address for Dr. Glover is 1293 Broadway, New York City. Tins with this address state “H. Clay Glover,V.S. Prop", and appear to be the earliest-known. Some time prior to 1914, the company moved to 118 West 31st Street. Glover was still sole proprietor, but by 1917 the company was incorporated, and the tins stated “H. Clay Glover Co” while retaining the West 31st Street address. The company moved to 127-129 West 24th Street in 1923.