Offered are a scarcely-found group of three pharmacy ointment mill tube fillers that date to the circa 1910 - 1930s era. These tools-of-the-trade were typically found in compounding pharmacies. This particular grouping came from the estate of a pharmacist who first began practicing in the early 1900's.
The first example, as seen on the left, measures 3.5 inches and has a heavy brass base and an aluminum compression rod. There is a removable brass nozzle that screws into the base. This diminutive hand size mill would fill 1 to 2 ounce medication tubes and sports a nice patina. There are no markings seen and just minor superficial wear is evident.
The second mill, as seen on the right, measures 4 inches and has a one piece molded aluminum base and a brass compression rod. Perfect for filling smaller tubes, this example fits comfortably in one's hand. The condition is very good except for a small chip noted at the end of nozzle.
The third and final mill featured in the center of the primary photograph sports 3 legs and two removable brass nozzles. The nickel plating covers what appears to be brass, showing minimal wear only to the top of the feet. This unmarked 6.25 inch high beauty has all-original patina and has capacity enough to have filled either multiple or larger-sized medicine tubes.
Also included are four medicine recipe cards from the 1950's noting proprietary medicines from "BUTLERS" drug store establishment.